2013 has been the busiest year Ice House Road has had yet. Here's a short list of stuff accomplished this year:
- We got excited about the new music we've created
- We spent several months recording this new music at Cat Room Studios with Brian Craddock of Daughtry
- We played music at all five BLM Bull Rides in Gordonsville
- We got the new songs mixed and mastered by Kevin McKnoldy at C-phonic
- We got 500 copies of the CD!
- We got T-shirts made
- We got a band manager (Karen Allison, call or email her to book IHR Karen@ranchhandrecords.com (540)250-1242)
- We played several shows at our favorite places: Beer Hound Brewery, Court Cafe and Pub, the Dogwood Cafe and more.
- We returned to Sunrise Ranch for their Labor Day Hoe down
- We played our first ever gig in Waynesboro at The Heritage
- Karen got us booked for some cool gigs at Shenandoah Crossing Resort
- We ordered more shirts
- Our CD got some good reviews, including one from Africa!
- Oh yeah, we got a new website.
- We got a bank account
- We are "this close" to having our stuff available on iTunes and all other digital interweb music sources
- We moved, well half the band moved. Rob to Roanoke (Lookout Roanoke, Rob is scouting out possible places for us to come and invade your ear holes) and Bobby moved out of his house (it's for rent right now if anybody's interested).
- IHR practice gear is now at J.R's house (his wife is not happy about this)
- Karen got us booked at a place called the Blue Toad on Afton Mountain the Saturday after Christmas.
- Karen got us our biggest New Year's Eve party gig yet.
We've got plans to grow the band big time in 2014, stay tuned.